Two Detroiters, married and trying to squeeze in a bit of adventure between busy careers. (He works in economic development; she works in PR.) Sharing our travel itineraries, including what worked, what didn’t, and most importantly, how to make the most of your next trip, no matter where you’re departing from.
JESSICA: Passionate about writing, reading and exploring. Strolls Eastern Market nearly every Saturday. Bakes a mean banana bread. Drinks too much kombucha. Seeks water.
- Favorite trip yet: Lake Louise in Canada’s Banff National Park (photo above), because it was the first trip I took with Trevor and one that I’d been dreaming of for years. The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise was nothing short of magical that summer, and the trip came at a time when it was exactly what I needed.
- Best piece of travel advice: Pack snacks! No, really. Always have snacks on hand.
- Dream getaway: We’ve crossed so many destinations off our list already, but I’m still pining for a tour of Lisbon, setting my sights on Machu Picchu and visiting Africa on safari.
TREVOR: Passionate about adventure, photography and his wife (who wrote this – ha!). Has ran three marathons. Sports fanatic. Good music during road trips is clutch. Seeks mountains.
- Favorite trip yet: New Zealand. South Island. Truly the edge of the world.
- Best piece of travel advice: Don’t forget to relax.
- Dream getaway: Antarctica.